Friday, April 15, 2011

Vishu A Happy Vishu!

     Yesterday was le jour de l'an. I don't know what today is, except that it is called Vishu. For us, it has little religious significance. But each year, we wake up early in the morning (read-way earlier than what early is defined as) and look into a mirror.
Meow! I get to live with all the gold. Fou, Shreya!
     Well, a mirror juxtaposed in such a manner as to reflect what is placed in front of it, to you   different things from different angles (well, that is easy-peasy). And the things kept in front of the mirror include almost everything ancient people might have thought essential, also holding in mind the fact that some essentials change over time, while some evolve. Like, there are fruits, jaggery, salt, flowers, and gold. Yeah, I don't think they used gold then, way back when this began. And there is money, another non-existent thing of the far-away past.

Dazzling Indian Rupee ₹ 10 coins

A life filled with essentials
      Then you look into the mirror, see all you can, offer your prayers to those 'essentials' and (when you are I) go back to bed. When it is morning (like real morning, duh), you go see all the elders at home, and get money. Munnay, yeah, munnay. And today, I got, I don't know how much munnay (I'm guessing Indian Rupee ₹ 27 ). And then I got an awesome summer hair-cut! Short-to-the-scalp. And am going to create another blog. Well, it's going to be a group-blog this time.
     And so, signing off, I wish tout le monde a fantastic Vishu, another day to bring a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment