Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cleanliness Before All

     I just got done with reading Ruth Rendell's 'Adam And Eve And Pinch Me' yesterday, and found it a very good book. A psychological thriller (that is what I would call it), it explores what happens when Minty Knox's delusions collide with the reality she lives in.
     My Sunday morning had brought in a fresh set of chores    mum asks me to do work a little every weekend    when she is out, teaching. And today, apart from serving food to my grandmum and feeding the crow and running a few errands here and there, I did not have much to do officially. However, I have always had a minute OCD for cleanliness. As if specially designed to be read one day before clean-up, Minty Knox, who has more than what people would simply put down as a penchant for tidiness, happened to me. I usually try not to take up tasks when there is too little time, for when I begin with cleaning and de-cluttering things, the cleanliness bug (Ouch! Is THAT a speck of dust there? *eyes greedily*) grows at its fringes and I start cleaning up everything. I cleaned the dustbin today and cooked something and also cleaned the kitchen counter. It's a thankless job, but seeing all the crap make its way into the dustbin gives me a sense of satisfaction.
     I haven't studied    needless to say, that. But when compared to other Sundays, I feel a little less worthless today. Why, I shouldn't be damned if I said I do feel worthy of joy today. And satisfaction. And a bar of chocolate. And some nice sleep.
     Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait. Is THAT a speck of dust there?
     *Eyes greedily*

P.S. The cleanliness bug got a bit too far today.

P.P.S. The cleanliness bug made me delete the extra 'friends' from Facebook. :P

1 comment:

  1. An OCD for cleanliness. I can relate SO much !
    Really lovely blog too. You should consider shifting over to Tumblr. The themes would make this look classier! :D
    Also, I'd be able to follow the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete