Friday, February 4, 2011

My Pride. Our Pride.

     The Queer Azadi Pride March was on the 29th of last month. And since I am just going to be seventeen, I missed it by two years. Two whole years. But never mind. Sometimes, the spectators derive more joy than the participants themselves. I don't know if I could compare the participants' joy with mine, but I was euphoric the whole day, for it was a day that my community walks. Walks for recognition. Some sources also tell me that this time, the parade witnessed a lesser number of masked people   people have been coming out of the closet.
     Walks for the right that one can love across all boundaries, least of all, gender. The sun shines brightly and gives as much life to one as to another. When there is no discrimination of any sort in nature, except perhaps in ability, it is evident it's we who've built walls in place of bridges.
The rainbow. My rainbow. Our rainbow.

     But I believe that one day, we shall, if not completely, stop being stereotypical, and see the world in a new light. Speak of the dawn. It's just there. Just there. :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment