Friday, February 11, 2011

Not Without My Splendid Suns

     I completed reading Betty Mahmoody's and William Hoffer's  'Not Without My Daughter' (non-fiction) today. A true-life story of Betty, it is sure a story to move the stoniest of hearts. Well, I had completed reading Khaled Hosseini's 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' (fiction) about two years ago. They are books of a genre. And thus, I had started subconsciously AND consciously comparing them, only to realise today that to do so was no mean blunder.
     NWMD is a real-life story, and thus, realistic in approach. Betty, here is an American woman, and her values, thus, differ from Laila's or Mariam's, in ATSS, where the writing is so very perfect, you cannot not think it is non-fiction. Both the books are however, similar in some respects   they tell you the value of freedom like no other book I know of does. 
     Am I speaking too much, revealing too much? Maybe! Go get the books. Awesomeness personified, they are; rays of hope, they are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment