Thursday, May 24, 2012

Les Results

     It was 11:56 a.m. on a dense, stuffy June morning. Four minutes to go, before I'd be free from a lot of things.
     Curiosity of about three months, for one. It was the day of my standard ten results.

     And again, I am in a similar position. Tomorrow, at about 1 p.m., we will be notified about our standard twelfth results, online. A part of me wants to stay awake till it's up online. Another wants to wake up just in time to find the results on my screen (O, hi, results! Been in the dark long, have you? Very well then, suit yourself, I'll be back to worry about you soon), and jump back into the comforting (?) darkness of my quilt.

     There will be a lot of hustle and bustle tomorrow. A lot of aims achieved. A lot of curiosity satiated. Some goals left not attained. Some may want to get photocopies of their answer-sheets; some may (finally!) go on a well-deserved vacations to Djibouti (yes, randomness).

     I guess I am allowed to ramble a little today? Well, what do I liken the day of results to? It's like a threshold. It's neither indoors, nor outdoors. It's neither here, nor there. It's like Nearly-Headless Nick and all other ghosts. It's a day that's there. It just exists as a means of transit between the past, of which one has had sufficient, and the future, which holds things unforeseeable. It's just like any other day, just important-ised.

     That's it.

     Let the cat be brought out of its bag! 

2 comments:

  1. No problem now, with such an amazing result!! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete