Friday, December 31, 2010

Before I Enter The Next Decade For Good...

     I remember that the first film I saw sitting in a cinema-hall was Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.in 1998. I was four then. And I had wept when I saw Kajol leaving Shah Rukh. And then, I watched a string of obscure movies. And then came the star. Rakesh Roshan was promoting his son. Hrithik Roshan acted opposite Amisha Patel in Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. Not that I really understood the movie very well, if at all. And the last movie that I watched in a cinema-hall was Guzaarish, coincidentally Hrithik's, too.
     But to think of it, and think of what it is like today, I can break down any moment. From being an IES school's student, to shifting to another school; from being the outcast fat boy, to turning into this 'malnourished-looking' (how I hate that word) boy; from being a to-be-sciencie, to being an artie; from being a school-student, to being a college student; from being inside the closet, to coming out of it  a lot has changed, the operative word being 'lot'.
     And in some hours, some minutes and some seconds, I, along with my part of the world, will have moved to the next moment, which incidentally, will usher in, not only the next second, or minute or hour or month. It will bring along with it, the next year. The next decade. The peoples to the east of me have already entered a new page in Time. I shall, too. And so will the west, after me.
     But do all other things remain the same? Does love increase? Do we live lives afresh? Does all rancour cease at the stroke of midnight? Only Time will tell. Until then, bid the Old Man adieu. A baby is to arrive.
     And then, saying this will make the most sense:
"At the stroke of midnight hour, when the world sleeps, the world will actually awake to life and freedom. A moment comes which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, then an age ends, and when the soul of a a world of many souls, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to the world that we shall give birth to, and its people and to the cause of humanity."

(I have edited a portion of a historic speech. I do not wish to offend anyone, and have done whatever I have, keeping in mind what I think are the needs of today.)

1 comment:

  1. Before entering the new decade, it really isn't necessary to dawn upon the changes that u had had by these million moments of joy,sorrow,happiness,embarrassment,feeling of depth in u....
    What needs to be done is to plan ahead of time what changes are you going to make in d coming 315360000 seconds.....everybody has got several questions on their mind and expressing it might give a TAN to other species.....itz better if we start searching for the answers ourselves...thus set out for a ravishing and also, adventurous journey...itz wat makes life worth living and enjoyable....


    ....ALPHAE BONE.......

    ReplyDelete