Monday, December 6, 2010

My Mind's Transit

You'll never know
What this transit
Is to me; means to me.
The crowd 
That drives me to paranoia.
The towns I consider non-entities.
The cramped space of Thane.
The sleep after that. 
The stench of Sion
That
Wakes me up 
From my nap in the train.
The spit-stains at Kurla.
The rush at Dadar. 
The vastness of V.T.
The beggar 
Whom I see daily,
But towards whom I have 
developed apathy.
The claustrophobia through the subway.
The smoke emanating
From the yellow-and-blacks 
That cough toxins.
The nagging roadside notary lawyers.
The shade near Cama.
The pavement adjoining Cama Hospital

And
 My transit
Meets its end.
And each day, 
As much as I try
To abhor this journey
Of mine,
This period of
My mind's transit,
Becomes an irreplaceable
Part of me.
For a while,
Becomes me.



No comments:

Post a Comment