Friday, December 24, 2010

Your Generation Is Mad!

     I have heard this statement around a million times for sure. My teachers, my grannies, our family-friends, other relatives  an umpteen number of them  I've heard it from them all. I have thought of my granny as a tyrant, and other people who said that as ghosts, vampires and things like those. Well, I wonder if I have rights to that kind of thoughts anymore.
     I was just casually chatting with a college-friend on Facebook. I learnt that she, like me, had joined the Facebook bandwagon only this year, after the tenth standard, when many good things like blogging begin, and many like school end. Her brother, who is just eleven (huh, eleven?! Like, seriously!?) is a part of Facebook. And a child of one of our family-friends is a member too. And he is only and only eight. And we both looked at the coming generation, and as we've seen people sighing, we sighed, "This new generation!"
     So, have I grown senile? Does it mean I am a stick-in-the-mud? No! I have every right to think that the coming generation is wrong. Well, THAT is how the world moves. You get better ideas. And the old people shun the new ones. Wow. That is how it all works. I want to be called old generation too!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the fact that it's all changing, and things that are now weren't what they are before. But I do NOT want to be 'the old generation' yet! Not until I'm thirty, at least.
    Also, you write a LOT more frequently than I do. I can't seem to decide who's the better writer, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! 8-year-olds having cell phones, and using iPads 24X7, is WAY worse than TV-dinner or texting super fast (something that's considered "wrong", and not a skill, as my elders say. :| )

    ReplyDelete