Friday, March 4, 2011

Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Naa Karo...

     This is the first time I'm using a Hindi song, to be specific, a ghazal as a title to a post. I find the song from Monsoon Wedding to be of some relevance to what I am trying to convey here. Not sure what 'some' means. We have all listened to people narrating King Bruce's story an umpteen number of times. We saw the spider try each time it fell, to get to the ceiling   and many of us have done it in our English course-books and forgotten about it. What we saw (actually told to see) as the moral of the story was that one must try until one finds success. But look at the story from a different angle. It's that moment of realisation that makes or breaks things. As long as the fish is in water (and it indeed is only in water), it does not acknowledge that water is what it covets, craves for, lives by   each day, every moment.
     Fr. Terence, our college counsellor, tells us, you can learn a lot in this world. It isn't necessary that you learn morals from a morally correct  source. It could be a drug-addict telling you how not to ruin your life. The moment you realise, your upward journey (to what, I don't know, but it still is upward) begins. So, how do I not re-commit the errors I already have? Yesterday, I learned from someone, that you don't go and draw from history   from what wrong you have done. Just chalk out a brand new today. Like a new page in a book. I must have hurt I-don't-know-how-many people. I must have sent chills down many people's spine sometime. And perhaps, many of those hurt have distanced themselves from me. A select few have perhaps stayed back, with hope   that what I did was just a bad dream after all. And thus, now, all I can do, the best I can do, is not let that hope be proved false.
     And thus, like fish out of water; like an oasis without trees; like Yudhisthir without his brothers, wife and family; like a drunk without his ability to stay conscious; like a bird without wings; like a planner without any way to bring to reality his/her awesome plans, I begin. Not introspecting. Not retrospective of my faults. Just in view of the fact that I must not lose what I have at hand, before it all disappears, when it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment