Sunday, March 20, 2011

Holi Crap!

     Holi has immense meaning. The festival of colours   of breaking barriers of colour   the coming together of people of various colours and the forgetting of Fair & Lovely and Fair & Handsome for a day, if not forever.
     However, of late, the festival has assumed dangerous proportions   and dismally, in totally new dimensions. I wonder if whatever the dictionary says about the origin of the word 'hooliganism' is true. For me, 'hooliganism' came from 'Holi', obviously, not long after people forgot what the festival is about. And as I stood at my hall-window, looking at the hullabaloo-creating crowd on the road, my mind munching over a lot of food for thought, I realised how unholy Holi has come to be. Well, in time, the 'gagagoogoo'-screaming (I have no clue why they do that) crowd moved on, I was relieved.

     Interestingly, from the opposite side of the road, a dog, an uncoloured dog, came out of its hiding, looked right and left, and crossed the road. And I was convinced that the Creator hasn't created just morons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment