Monday, March 28, 2011

The Parting Shot

     The other day, Rekha Srivastav, our Psychology teacher, told us during a usually boring lecture, "It is one of my last lectures with you people this year." This year, she said with a bit of deception, and I saw almost through it. Sharvari told me today that Rekha expressed her sadness at her not being our teacher for the next year. And apparently, Sharvari 'appeared' to be sad. Did she see through Sharvari, too?
     Sometimes, I am the I-hate-psycho-with-a-vengeance person. And for things she has done, she is rightly being cast off like snake-skin. But sometimes, I, like Devansh, tend to want to think a bit differently. Think of her as a human. An erring human, but a human nevertheless. She could not teach properly most of the time. She had a really high-pitched voice, almost like a squeak. She would throw killing glances of youdidit at random people. And she taught us the steddy of Psychology. And she said 'yays' for a 'yes'. And she was, indeed, very nosy.
     But be as it is, I will miss her once she is gone. The irritating way she taught in; the dabbas of nuts and brownies and pastries we've had in her lectures; the 'chwenchy-choo's and 'chwenchy-three's. And I won't be missing her because she was the person who selected me for the Obama rendezvous. Who knows, now there is going to be a change. But for good or for worse, we don't know. The next year, we could as well think about what a huge waste 11th Psychology had been, or contrastingly, how much of a worse teacher we've got. And it is only human nature to miss things he/she has lived with, amongst.

"When one lives in hell, and is offered the notion of heaven, nothing else petrifies that person more than the thought about how badly they'll miss hell."

3 comments:

  1. dear sweet nothings,
    we will not miss hell! but yea, the litle hug, and the umpteen times i've bin caught n chucked out of her lectures, and the journal episode, and not to forget the " yoo! yer!" shall be missed at leisure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realised I will miss Parrotface, too. I was actually sad this evening because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaaaahaaaa lolzzz jai seriously dis was a betr adieu dan my Dreamy Girl 2 psycho... :-P

    ReplyDelete