Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where Any Change is Addition

 न चोरहार्यम् न च राजहार्यम् न भ्रातृभाज्यम् न च भारकारी ।
व्यये कृते वर्धत एव नित्यम् विद्याधनं सर्वधनप्रधानम् ||
( No thief can steal it; it is unconquerable for kings; it can't be divided among siblings; it gives no burden. Any change in it is its flourish   the wealth of knowledge is the best of all. )

     The other day, I wrote a paper, as a writer for a certain person. While writing the paper, I realised what the above subhashita means to say. I was writing while 'it' dictated. And when 'it' was not, I thought. And somewhere, in that paper, is a tiny little part of me. Somethings that 'it' had for 'its' portion in the paper was what I have studied on a very preliminary level. And yesterday, though during a period of 2 hours I mustn't have connected much to what I wrote, I know somewhere deep in my heart, that yesterday's paper has presented me with new horizons.
     I don't really know if what I want to express has come out well, but what I want to say is that whether we are in our house sipping tea, or dancing to the song on the TV, or playing video-games, or doing dishes, or writing papers, or doing absolutely nothing in the college foyer, we are gaining knowledge...when I get hurt by a stray cricket ball, I get to know that a cricket-ball can hurt. When I don't get attendance on account of not being attentive, I get to know that attentiveness is necessary, that no attendance sucks.
     All in all, knowing is fun; whether you like it or not, know what you are doing or not, you know. You may feel, you may think, you may sense, you may get intuitions. But out of every stimulus that comes your way, you become a little less ignorant of the giant vastness lying around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment