Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Bagful of a Year

     So, there are hardly fifteen days left for us FYJCs to call it a day  er  a year. And then, we shan't be students of FYJC. Neither will we be students of a long (read : short in comparison to what we've been through) vacation. Thanks to the virtue of having chosen the oft-ignored B-division, we students are immune to things like holidays (read : vacations without a thought on mind). And so   where was I   yeah, we will be students of SYJC. At least for Maths, or so Mansi tells me. Mansi is my just-SYJC-exams-given/giving friend. Awesome friends tell you fiendish things sometimes.
     And because I must do limits, derivatives and integration, and because I must bask under all the glory of Boo-something-mian algebra, and some other crappy things, and must have a complete set of books (used and preserved for further use for FYJCs or the raddiwala's inventory by Mansi). And so, I set out on a journey, a much-feared journey to Walkheshwar. (I am currently afraid of South Bombay because I might get lost. Again.) And so, I went by bus no. 41 to many places in South Bombay. And yes. Many places means I don't know which.
     That was till I was in front of the Chowpatty beach, which was a thing I had least expected but found anyway. After that, she picked me up and we went to her house and I did some gupshup about teachers' stupidness (and Pravin Sir's helpfulness). And then, with a heavy heart (I had to travel back to VT) that was heavy because of a heavy bag   the heavy bag, I left Mansi's home, bidding her really sweet mom adieu. And then, I realised, and pretty truly so, that I was carrying, practically, my 12th standard in my bag.
     On other days, it would have been a most absurd thing to think of   stuffing an entire year in a schoolbag. And yeah, it was a schoolbag. My sister's. Today, it seemed so easy, to transport months of scribbling-in-books, doodling-away-to-glory, cursing-teachers-and-the-system and things I can't possibly write within the limits of this post. And it was a life that stretched over about 9 months.

1 comment:

  1. Are you TRYING to be phunny with that serios streak of yours, Jai?

    ReplyDelete